Cycling tour in Belarus
Highlights of this trip for cycling in Belarus:
– the quiet and pleasant countryside of Belarus
– a mostly good roads and friendly population
– visiting Grodno, a beautiful city
– pleasant Brest with the imposing Fortress of Brest
– the castles of Mir and Mesvizh
– cycling in the ancient forests of Belovezhskaya Puscha
This 10-day cycling tour starting in Brest in the south west and finishing in the capital Minsk brings you to a variety of highlights of Belarus. These include the old towns of Brest, Grodno and Lida, the Nature Reserve ‘Puscha”, the castles of Mir and Neswizh and the capital Minsk.
Total cycling distance is 650 kms in eight cycling days.
Optional: adding 1-2 days in Brest and/or Minsk.
A visa is no longer required for stays up to 30 days with arrival and departure at Minsk Airport since July 2018, for most countries.
However, in case you enter for example by train (with your own bicycle) a visa is still needed. We will then arrange you the invitation letter, needed to obtain the visa.
Read more about the highlights of travelling in Belarus, plus practical advise, here.
Arrival in the pleasant town of Brest, starting point of the tour. You may arrive from either Minsk or Warsaw, by plane or by train. Accommodation in hotel Vesta. Depending on your arrival time you may have time to visit the impressive Brest Fortress.
Bicycle stage 1, 90 kms
Brest-Kamenec-Kamenjuki. Visit to Vescha in Kamenez, bicycling in Puscha with visits to more popular places: Royal meadow, Tsar-Oak, Royal trakt, Residence of Father Frost.
Return to Kamenjuki. Overnight in Kamenjuki.
Distance today: 90 kms, incl. distance in Puscha Nature Reserve- 25 kms
Bicycle stage 2, 85 kms
Visit to the ecological route 2 in Puscha, bicycle tour in Svisloch and Berestovica.Overnight in Berestovica.
Distance today: 85 kms, incl. distance in Puscha Nature Reserve- 55 kms
Bicycle stage 3, 85 kms
Cycling in Grodno with a tour of the main attractions: Jesuit Farny Cathedral, Kolozhskaya Church of St Boris and St Hleb, Old and New Castles. Overnight in Grodno.
Distance today: 85 kms
Bicycle stage 4, 65 kms
Visit to Avgustov canal and gateways viewing: Nemnovo, Dombrovka, Valkushak. Walk on the boat. Return to Grodno. Overnight in Grodno.
Distance today: 65 kms
Bicycle stage 5, 80 kms
Visit to the mini-aquapark at sanatorim “Ozerny”, bicycling in Schuchin.
Overnight in Schuchin.
Distance today: 80 kms
Transfer to the airport or train station and end of your tour.
Individuals and groups smaller than five persons please write us for an offer. The prices below included full service during the cycling tour. It is also possible for us to book only accommodations on the way.
We can offer this tour at €1,695 per person for groups of 5-7 people, at €1,450 p.p. at 8-14 people and at €1,275 p.p. at 15 or more people. Included in these prices are:
– accommodation in hotel Vesta in Brest on day one, including a dinner and short guided city tour. All accommodations in this tour are on the basis of double rooms and breakfast included
– accommodation in hotels and guesthouses during the cycling tour (days 2-8)
– accommodation in a 3* hotel in Minsk on day 9
– entrance fees to all sites visited during the program
– local, English language guidance during the excursions in Brest, Grodno and Puscha reserve
– late lunches & mineral water on the way, days 2-9
– accompanying guide & mechanic during the cycling tour, days 2-9
– accompanying minivan with room for car repairs and also medicine box, days 2-9
– visa invitation letter
Not included in the price are:
– dinners except on day 1, and lunches on days 1 and 10
– international flights
– transfer to Brest on day 1; we can arrange private transfers from Warsaw (€40 p.p.) and Minsk (€70 p.p.)
– transfer from Minsk hotel to the airport or railway station
– bike rental, at €15 per day
– services not mentioned in the program
Single supplement fee is €190 for the tour.